Job Application Form
To reach Western Washington with the distinctive, Christ-centered Seventh-day Adventist message of hope and wholeness, encouraging all to become fully devoted disciples of Jesus.
What We Believe
Seventh-day Adventists believe:
- In one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and that the Bible is God’s inspired Word for us today.
- That by accepting Jesus Christ as one’s personal Savior, a new heart is given the believer, thus leading to a Christ-centered life.
- In a recent, six-day creation that also instituted the Sabbath as a sign between God and His people.
- The Ten Commandments further describe God’s highest ideals for humanity’s interaction with Him and with each other.
- That we honor the marriage covenant, established by God in the Garden of Eden, to be a lifelong union between a man and a woman.
- In the stewardship of our time, talents, and possessions through the returning of tithes and the giving of offerings.
- That stewardship also includes caring for our bodies as the Temple of The Holy Spirit by abstaining from unclean foods and harmful substances such as drugs, alcohol, and tobacco.
- In the observance of baptism by immersion and celebrate communion along with foot washing as a regular reminder of Christ’s humble sacrifice for us.
- In a soon, literal return of Jesus Christ to this earth at which time He will claim all who call Him Savior and Lord.
- That in the new earth to come, God will provide a home for all the redeemed and a perfect environment for everlasting life, love, joy, and learning in His presence.
- The great controversy between Christ and Satan will be forever ended, and sin will be no more. All things will forever declare that God is love.
Conditions of Employment
Employees of the Washington Conference of Seventh-day Adventists are:
- Baptized, tithe-paying members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Committed to Christian service
- Adherents of Bible-based teachings and church standards by exemplifying standards of personal conduct that preclude: Chemical and substance abuse by the use of alcoholic beverages, tobacco in any form and illegal possession or misuse/recreational use of drugs
- Use of profanity
- Immoral conduct including but not limited to engaging in pornographic activities, child sexual abuse, incest, adultery, fornication and homosexual practices
- Individuals who possess the highest professional and ethical standards in integrity, confidentiality, work performance, loyalty and cooperation
- Suitably dressed for Christian work environment with: •Discretionary use of cosmetics, •Good grooming/hygiene, •Use of jewelry limited to a simple wedding band
- Good managers of personal finances
- People who avoid conflicting interests and enterprises
- People who attempt to resolve conflicts, disputes, complaints and grievances through Washington Conference’s procedures.
- In compliance with policies, rules and procedures of Washington Conference including those set forth in the Employee Handbook, NAD Working Policy, NPUC Education Code, and other organizational documents.