Day 17: Count Your Blessings
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.
The old hymn exhorts to “Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your blessings, see what God has done!” Have you done this lately? Start with life, health, breath, strength, air, food, shelter, etc. Then consider the lengthy list of spiritual blessings recorded in Ephesians chapter 1:3-8.
All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son. He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins. He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding.
There’s more, but I don’t want to rob you of the blessing of exploring the treasures of heaven for yourself. Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your blessings see what God has done!
Alter Your Altar (Ideas for Family Worship)
- Reflect on the fourth phrase of the “Lord’s Prayer,” (“Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven”). Ask Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How questions, and use your sharing time to focus your prayers.
- Take turns naming blessings by the letters of the alphabet. For example: “A – I’m thankful for AIR,” or “A place to live.”
- Sing: “Count Your Blessings” or “Give Thanks.”
Please Pray . . .
- For God’s will to be done in your life.
- For Grays Harbor Adventist Christian School and Kirkland SDA School.
- For our World Church leadership and staff.
- For children who are going to bed hungry tonight.