Updated August 24, 2022
Bring your family to an intergenerational weekend at Sunset Lake Camp this September 2-4, 2022! This is stop #2 on the Camp Meeting Road Trip of 2022!
Fun for the Whole Family
Coming for one day or the whole weekend? You need to RSVP!
Sunset Lake wants to make sure there's enough gathering space for everyone!
Prefer to RSVP by email? That works too (especially if you're bringing your own food and not staying overnight)
Friday, September 2
Drive up to Sunset Lake Camp for the beginning of Family Adventure Weekend!
Activities (like archery, water sports, horses, and more) will start at 1 pm. You'll have the whole afternoon to play together as a family. Pitch your tent. Move into a cabin. Get settled in. Have fun together!
Supper is at 6 pm. You are welcome to provide your own meals or pre-purchase a weekend food package from Sunset Lake cafeteria.
The whole family will gather together from 7-9 pm for worship with Keren Graves from Crosswalk Church.
- 2:00 pm - Registration Open/Settle into Cabins
- 2:30 pm – Camp Activities Begin
- 5:30 pm - Break/Settle into Cabins/Prep for Dinner
- 6 pm – Welcome Dinner – Dining Hall
- 7 pm – Family Recreation/Get Acquainted – Flag Field
- 7:30 pm – Family Worship with Keren Graves – Cedar Island (Pick Up Brown Bag Devotionals)
- 8:30 pm – Bonfire/S’more/Storytime/Afterglow – Michael’s Bowl
- 9:30 pm – Good Night
- 10 pm – Quiet Time
Saturday, September 3
Sabbath will feature morning worship, afternoon activities, and a Saturday night picnic with games and social activities. The goal is to provide an atmosphere for families to worship, pray, and play together.
Overnight families will receive a "brown bag" devotional to share together as a family in the morning at your tent site or cabin.
- 7:30 am – Good Morning
- 8:00 am – Brown Bag Devotionals – by Families
- 8:30 am – Breakfast Buffet - Cafeteria
- 10 am – Sabbath Morning in the Forest – Starts at Cedar Island
- 11:30 am – Sabbath Worship with Keren Graves – Church Bowl
- 12:30 pm - Lunch
- 2 pm – Family Rest Time
- 3 pm – Family Adventures (canoeing, crafts, hikes, scavenger hunts, etc.)
- 6 pm – Family Picnic Dinner
- 7 pm – Family Worship with Keren Graves
- 8 pm – Saturday Night Family Fun
- Group Game: Ode to Earl – 8 pm Gym
- Pickle Ball
- Ping Pong, Pool, Table Games
- Camp Store Open
- Bonfire with S’mores
- 9:30 pm – Late Night Option - Family Movie (Encanto) with Refreshments – Timber Lodge
- 11 pm – Good Night and Quiet Time
Sunday, September 4
After breakfast time and worship, a full day of first-come, first-served activities will be available for families. The activities will close at 4 pm to allow families time to pack up and head home.
Activities include: horses, waterfront, challenge course, archery tag (with foam tips!), pickle ball, gaga ball, pony rides (ages 3+), and the beachfront.
- 7:30 am – Good Morning
- 8:00 am – Brown Bag Family Devotional
- 8:30 am – Breakfast Buffet
- 9:30 am – Family Worship by the Lake
- 10 am – Camp Activities
- Beach Volleyball
- Zip Line
- Field Games
- 1 pm – Holiday Lunch
- 2 pm – Camp Activities Continue
- 4 pm – Clean Up and Farewell
Pitch your tent! Rent a Cabin! Bring your RV!
Both the Young Adult Retreat and Family Adventure Weekend camp meetings at Sunset Lake Camp have overnight camping options! Plus, Sunset Lake is offering a weekend food package!
Just commuting? You can pre-purchase a meal package!
- Cabin for 10: $200
- Cabin for 6: $110
- RV Site: $46
- Tent Site: $20
- Sabbath Meal Package: $25/person (kids 3 and under free)
- Weekend Meal Package: $75/person (kids 3 and under free)
- Activities: FREE - Our gift to you! First come, first served
You will need to set up a free UltraCamp account with Sunset Lake to register for food and lodging
Plan Your Road Trip!