Conference Office Openings
Human Resources Director
Washington Conference is immediately looking for a Human Resources Director. This is a position that works with all the employment related issues of hiring, retirement, health care, policies, dismissals, etc. If not currently certified in Human Resources, training would be provided along with regular continuing education provided by the NPUC and the NAD.
Washington Conference is accepting applications for a Trust Officer in the Planned Giving department. This position involves preaching at different churches and letting people know about the department and the services offered. Training will be available onsite if you are not trust certified. This certification is provided through training classes provided by the NAD.
A trust officer will also work with members to help them prepare end of life documents as well as gifts to be given while living, helping fulfill the wishes of members after their death.
Outreach Ministries Director
As director for Outreach Ministries, you would work with the following areas: Adventist Community Services, Disaster preparation ministries, Prison Ministries, Personal Ministries, Urban Ministries.
- Adventist Community Services work with existing centers around the conference as well as provide training to have a wholistic approach to community service that includes both traditional and non-traditional ways of service.
- Disaster Response works alongside Adventist Community Services and is purposed to respond to the needs of people affected by natural and man-made disasters.
- Prison Ministry works with different groups that have an active prison ministry. They are very close to opening a transitional housing center that will help released inmates have a place to go and become a part of society again.
- Personal Ministries inspires and trains lay members to witness and win souls for the Kingdom of God.
- Urban Ministries looks for opportunities to serve urban areas in our conference and discusses how to build bridges between Adventist churches and our communities.
- If interested in this position, please fill out an application form at washingtonconference.org/employment and submit the application and a resume to Craig Carr.
Sunset Lake Camp Openings
Grounds Maintenance Worker - Hourly
The Grounds Maintenance Worker oversees the routine and preventative maintenance of the camp during the summer camp and retreat season. They evaluate the health of every existing building and works with the Manager to develop long-range plans for the upkeep and maintenance of each building and to ensure that every guest interaction with our facility is positive. The position requires a high level of maintenance skills, proven organizational abilities and willingness to serve.
Skill: Must have knowledge and experience in a wide variety of maintenance and construction skills including construction, project management and organization. Well-developed knowledge of principles, policies and beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and the Washington Conference. Must exhibit initiative; often working with minimal supervision. Adaptable and able to evaluate priorities. Ability to perform duties with speed and accuracy without constant supervision. Must be able to facilitate good communication with all who are in contact with the camp.
We are currently accepting applications for the following teacher vacancies in Washington Conference for the 2016-2017 school year. All applicants should be active members in good standing of the Seventh-day Adventist church and hold an SDA denominational teaching credential.
Openings for the 2017-2018 School Year:
Email résumés and references to Becky Meharry, associate superintendent
Buena Vista Principal
Email résumés and references to Craig Mattson, superintendent
Assistant Food Service Director