Working Together - Updated January 15, 2021
Please be faithful in following the public health guidelines: Wash your hands. Wear your mask properly. Stay home if you are sick. Take care of your mental, physical, and spiritual health.
Beyond continuing to work together as a community to slow the spread of Covid-19, we also need to work together to continue doing ministry, serving our schools, churches, and communities. Thank you for learning to do things in new ways and praying for God to show you how to keep sharing God’s care and love. - Washington Conference leaders
Roadmap to Recovery
Gov. Jay Inslee in early January announced and introduced “Healthy Washington — Roadmap to Recovery,” a COVID-19 phased recovery plan. Beginning on January 11, the state will follow a regional recovery approach with every region beginning in Phase 1.
Washington Conference churches, schools, and ministries are safely reopened, planning to reopen, and/or offering virtual gatherings.
Washington Conference Office
- Reopened to office employees in June 2020
- Closed to the public
- Limited in-person & virtual appointments available
- Depending on Reopening Phase and congregational comfort level, churches are offering Drive-In Church, Outdoor Church, In-Person Church (limited capacity), and/or Online Church
- Each church has localized reopening and mitigation plans.
- NEW - Faith-Based Guidelines (updated January 2021)
Check with a local church to find out their weekly plans
- All 19 schools are open for in-person or hybrid instruction
- Each school is following a Safe Start reopening plan
Community Service Centers & Food Distribution
- Tacoma ACS Food Bank
- South Tacoma Adventist Fellowship
- Mt. Tahoma Adventist Church (Tacoma)
- Auburn City Church
- Emerald City Church (Seattle)
- Maranatha Church (Seattle)
- Grays Harbor ACS Center
- And more!
Children's Ministry & Vacation Bible School
- Virtual programs (original, repackaged or shared)
Sunset Lake Camp
- Online camper connections in Summer 2020
- Weekly podcast and virtual campfire program (Summer 2020)
- Engaged in more outreach options as the summer continued