Women's Ministries is designed to encourage, challenge, equip and nurture Seventh-day Adventist women to make a difference in their homes, churches, communities, and the world. Several events are scheduled through out the year.
Women's Ministries is an opportunity for discipling, mentoring and nurturing women. It's a place to address the spiritual, emotional, physical and social needs of women in the church. It's a ministry where women are encouraged to develop their potential for participation in the mission of the church. It's a mentoring and support system for women through the cycles of life. It's a forum to help address topics and issues as they affect women.
Women's Ministries is a place where women are encouraged to become involved in all areas of ministry in their churches, their communities, and their homes.
The spiritual vision of Women's Ministries is to know Jesus passionately and to serve and disciple other women.
Women's Ministries on a global level through the Seventh-day Adventist world church addresses six issues: illiteracy, poverty, threats to health, length of workday and poor working conditions, abuse and the need for training and mentoring for greater involvement in the mission of the church.
How to Begin Women's Ministries in Your Local Church
1. Ask God to guide you.
2. Talk with your pastor about plans to begin a women's ministry program.
3. Form a team of leaders.
4. Target your ministries for teaching/discipling, nurturing and evangelism.
5. Determine program priorities and goals.
6. Discover ministry resources available to you by contacting the conference or AdventSource.
7. Prepare an interest survey and identify spiritual gifts.
8. Set a budget for your ministry.
9. Advertise your ministry events.
10. Seek leadership training.
Director: Marcela Figueroa
Administrative Assistant: Elizabeth Yeagley
Contact Women's Ministries